Immigration Information

If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you will need to apply for and obtain a valid Study Permit before entering Canada. Learn more about study permits.

Whether you also need an Entry Visa depends on your country of citizenship. The Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website has a list of countries whose citizens are required to have an Entry Visa for Canada.

The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on your passport that allows you to enter Canada. In most cases your Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as your Study Permit. Learn more about Entry Visas from the Centre for International Experience website.

Additional Resources

Learn additional tips about securing your immigration status, and connect with U of T's immigration advisors:

CIE: Immigration Tips, Info Session, & Advising

U of T Scarborough: Immigration Advising

U of T Mississauga: International Education Centre