International Degree Equivalencies Tool

< back to International & Exchange Students

Graduates of recognized academic institutions outside Canada should hold an appropriate bachelor's degree or its equivalent as assessed by the University of Toronto.

Many graduate units (departments, centres, and institutes) have higher minimum requirements than the minimum SGS requirements. As we receive many more applications each year from excellent candidates than we have placements available, meeting the minimum admissions requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.

Use the tool below to see which international credentials are required for master's and doctoral admissions at U of T. If your credential is not listed in the list below, contact the department to which you are applying.