Graduate Education Innovation Fund (GEIF) invites applications from faculty for Winter 2023 funding cycle
The Graduate Education Innovation Fund (GEIF) is now accepting applications for its Winter 2023 funding cycle. The initiative aims to advance excellence in graduate education by fostering innovative educational practices within and across programs and curricula (including both the classroom and field settings), and in the student-faculty member mentorship relationship. Five seed grants of $5000 are available for Winter/Spring 2023. The deadline for applications is April 3, 2023. Applications are available on our website.
- Experiential Learning: Support and enhance the transfer of learning through active learning opportunities, within and beyond traditional educational settings and methods.
- Interdisciplinary Learning: Encourage collaborations among instructors across academic disciplines, units and divisions with the purpose of creating exceptional interdisciplinary learning experiences for graduate students.
- Technological Innovation: Use of technology to enhance the educational experience.
- Indigenous Ways of Knowing: Renewal of graduate education with specific attention to representation of Indigenous ways of knowing.
- Diverse Cultural Perspectives: Renewal of graduate education with specific attention to representation of racialized perspectives, other minoritized voices, as well as intercultural experiences and civic engagement.
- Decolonization, Anti-oppression, and Anti-racism: Enhancing educational practices, such as teaching, mentoring, and curriculum renewal, to build a more just and equitable learning environment.
- Global Perspectives: Strengthen opportunities to learn abroad, international work, and bringing global and international experiences into our local environment.
- Professional Development: Create, strengthen and assess professional development opportunities for graduate students.
- Public Scholarship: Leverage the University’s geographic location within the greater Toronto region to provide students with new opportunities to engage in public scholarship with local partners.
GEIF was launched as a three-year pilot project in Fall 2021. For details on applying, please refer to the Graduate Education Innovation Fund webpage and the summary of our September 2022 GEIF information session (PDF).
Back to Home