Ontario Trillium Scholarship
- Award Category: Admission Awards, Doctoral Awards, International Awards
- Level of Study : Doctoral
- Required Legal Status : International
The Ontario Trillium Scholarship (OTS) program is a provincially-funded initiative to attract top international students to Ontario for PhD studies with Ontario universities. Using a 2/3 to 1/3 government to institution ratio, approximately 15 Ontario Trillium Scholarships for PhD students had been awarded annually at the University of Toronto.
Please note: Funding support for new Ontario Trillium Scholarship offers is currently suspended. Existing award holders will continue to receive the balance of their renewable scholarship.
The failure of a recipient to meet any of the below terms and conditions will result in: 1) forfeiture of the award and any future instalments; and 2) cancellation of the scholarship and ineligibility for renewal the following academic year.
- Remain eligible, in good academic standing, and meet the terms and conditions of the award;
- Register and remain registered as a full-time doctoral student (a change in status may result in suspension or termination of payments and/or returning funds already received); and
- Maintain an A- average, and be making satisfactory progress toward the completion of their degree, as determined by their graduate unit.
Repayment of the award in part or full will be required if the student is in full-time attendance fewer than 14 weeks in any session.
- Recipients who transition to permanent residency status will continue to be eligible for the balance of their renewable scholarship. A change in legal status does not affect the awardee’s eligibility to continue holding the award; and
- Recipients may concurrently hold other awards at any value, with the exception of Tri-Agency (NSERC/SSHRC/CIHR) awards that exceed a value of $20,000.