- This event has passed.
Essentials of Productive Teams
November 27 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST
Program Partner: Mitacs
GPS Credits: 2 in Personal Effectiveness
More than ever, organizational success depends on people working together – effectively. The pressure to communicate productively, quickly turn ideas into profitable action and consistently deliver results never decreases. Using team simulation exercises, participants work from a clear understanding of personal strengths and an appreciation of the differences in others will be the foundation of success in the future.
To constitute an effective team, its members must share a common goal, have respect for each other, and be motivated to use the strengths of each member to achieve their objectives. Using team-based, hands-on, experiential learning exercises, the objective of this one-day workshop is to provide participants with an opportunity to build their ability and awareness participating in and leading an effective team unit that meet deadlines and see results.
Through participating and completing this course, participants will:
- Discover the key steps and competencies to build an efficient and effective team
- Learn how to manage the barriers that keep teams from performing
- Be able to apply the best practice of teams into daily communication
Key topic areas:
- What is Team Building?
- The importance of clarifying goals
- Understanding conflict within teams
- Building trust and accountability
- Identifying issues
- Team motivation & Action Plans