- This event has passed.
How to Facilitate Teams Online Effectively During Grad School (Leadership for Grads (Workshops))
March 12, 2021 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am EST
Good facilitation and coordination skills can make the difference between an ineffective meeting, workshop, or event or a highly productive, participatory one. As a result of participating in this workshop you will learn: (a) About the role of a group facilitators and its impact on group dynamics; (b) Strategies to encourage individual participation and engagement; (c) Essential skills, tools and techniques needed to be a successful facilitator.
- Learn about the role of a group facilitators and its impact on group dynamics
- Take away strategies to encourage individual participation and engagement
- Engage in essential skills, tools and techniques needed to be a successful facilitator
This program is a part of the “Optimize Your Graduate Student Experience Week” program
*Registration is required so that we can send you the meeting link in advance of the workshop. Please ensure to read your Registration Confirmation email for more details and keep an eye out for the workshop link arriving in your inbox or spam folder within 24 hours of the workshop time & date.
If you are taking this workshop as a part of a Leadership or Ulead Certificate, please click here and search for your program to get more information on completing your certificate.
What you will need & access:
- Please have something to record your thoughts with.
- This workshop requires access to the internet for an uninterrupted hour of time although a call-in number will also be provided for a less participatory option.
- You can request the slides ahead of time (or after) to support your participation and/or learning.
- The workshop will be presented in English with English and closed captioning available via MS Teams or Zoom. There is also a translation function for the comments.
Please note that our workshops may contain interactive components. You might be invited to engage with the workshop using the chat function, virtual breakout rooms, and will have the option to contribute using your mic and/or video functions.
While we will work towards creating an accessible workshop, so that you don’t have to disclose any different abilities or disabilities, if you have any specific accommodations you’d like to ensure are responded to please an email to email@example.com
For questions and accomodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.