- This event has passed.
Practice your Presentation Skills
October 21 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EDT
In this one-day course, theory is introduced in short bursts and participants spend the majority of time practicing their presentation skills while receiving onsite feedback.
The focus on extensive practice and feedback is what makes the program meaningful, and is what makes the learning stick.
To create opportunities for participants to build and practice their presentation skills by applying course concepts through a series of short presentation practices while receiving in-person peer and expert feedback.
Through participating and completing this course, participants will:
- Broaden their understanding of presentation logistics
- Gain a greater ability to persuade and motivate others
- Understand how to plan and structure presentations
- Understand how (and how not to) use visual aids
- Learn to engage others through genuine and authentic presentation
- Learn tools to overcome and manage fears of public speaking
- Gain onsite practice and receive expert and peer feedback
- Be perceived as an expert in their topic area