Pathways available to graduate students impacted by the war in Ukraine
The Government of Canada has introduced the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET). If you would like to speak to an International Student Immigration Advisor regarding this authorization to enter Canada, please email our immigration advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs: Entry into Canada
As a current university graduate student, there are three pathways for you to study at the University of Toronto.
- Transfer to complete your graduate degree at U of T
- Your transfer application will be assessed for admission based on your academic records, and English Language Requirement (if applicable).Review our list of programs and link back to the graduate unit offering your program of choice for admission requirements. Contact email@example.com for a referral to the appropriate administrator for your program of choice. (Not all programs accept late applications.)
- Apply for the International Visiting Graduate Students (IVGS) program
- Apply for an exchange program and return to your home university to finish your degree
- If you are a graduate or doctoral student currently enrolled in a Ukrainian university and are looking to complete courses, please apply to the U of T Special Exchange – Ukraine.
Our tuition fees, scholarships, and financial aid programs are based on a student’s program of study and legal status in Canada when they begin their studies. Currently, the university has made a commitment to support Ukrainian students pursuing University of Toronto degrees through the University’s Scholars at Risk Fellowship (applications due May 20).
Students applying to research-based programs, including the IVGS program, should let potential supervisors know of the Canadian government’s research trainee placement for graduate students at a Ukrainian institution. This funding is only available for faculty members who currently hold a research grant from one of the three federal funding agencies (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until December 2022.
Please feel free to learn more about financing your graduate education and the University of Toronto’s tuition fees for graduate programs. Please also use our award explorer tool to identify additional funding opportunities.