The University of Toronto’s commitment to equity and diversity is central to its public mission as well as its devotion to the pursuit of excellence. Learn more about U of T’s equity offices, resources, programs, reports, and more below.
Featured U of T initiatives
- U of T Student Equity Census: The Census will support the University to better understand the demographics and experience of our student population. Learn more.
- School of Cities 2020 Anti-Black Racism/Black Lives Anti-Indigenous Racism/Indigenous Lives Fund: This funding initiative will support anti-racism education, outreach, and engaged praxis and policy-oriented research. Learn more.
- The Canada Summer Research Opportunities Programme (SROP): This anti-racist initiative diversifies academia by increasing equitable access to graduate school.
- Black Graduate Students Association (BGSA): The BGSA engages in powerful discourse of local and international issues and experiences in the Black community. They host events, initiatives, and outreach to support and strengthen members at U of T and beyond. Learn more. | Visit the Facebook page.
- Black Graduate Student Excellence Bursary: This bursary was created by the UTGSU in partnership with SGS to provide financial support to help improve fair and equitable access to educational opportunities for Black students commencing graduate studies at the University of Toronto. Learn more.
- Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program: This program provides funding to increase opportunities for hiring postdoctoral fellows from underrepresented groups, specifically Indigenous and/or Black researchers. Learn more.
Select faculty & departmental initiatives
- The Centre for Integrative Anti-Racism Studies (OISE)
- Centre for Ethics Events
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the Daniels Faculty
- The Eagle’s Longhouse (Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering)
- Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Faculty of Arts & Science Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Academic Plan 2020-2025
- Faculty of Information BIPOC Resources & Information
- Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education Diversity & Equity
- Indigeneity, Diaspora, Equity and Anti-racism in Sport (IDEAS) Lab
- Temerty Faculty of Medicine Office of Inclusion & Diversity
The Anti-Racism & Cultural Diversity Office (ARCDO) handles complaints of harassment and discrimination (direct and systemic) based on race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship and/or creed in accordance with the University’s Statement on Prohibited Discrimination and Discriminatory Harassment.
EDI news & events
U of T resources & supports
- University of Toronto Equity Home
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Office
- Accessibility Services
- Anti-Racism & Cultural Diversity Office (ARCDO)
- Centre for Indigenous Studies
- Community Safety Office
- Faculty & Academic Life Inclusion
- Employment Equity Office
- Family Care Office
- Health & Well-Being Services & Programs (HWB) (for employees)
- Health and Wellness Centre
- Indigenous Student Services / First Nations House (FNH)
- Multi-Faith Centre
- Office of Indigenous Initiatives (OII)
- Quality of Work Life Advisor
- Sexual Violence Prevention & Support Centre
- Sexual & Gender Diversity Office (SGDO)
- UTM Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Office
- UTSC Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Office
Resources & programs
- AccessAbility Resources Centre (UTM)
- AcessAbility Services (UTSC)
- Anti-Black Racism Task Force
- Anti-East Asian Racism (City of Toronto)
- Anti-Racism workshops
- Healing Through the Intersections: Race, Black Identity & Sexual Violence
- The Indigenous History of Tkaronto
- The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (IDERD) at U of T
- The Massey Dialogues: on Anti-Black Racism with Dr. Alissa Trotz and Dr. Lisa Robinson
- My Student Support Program (U of T My SPP)
- Navi: Your mental health wayfinder
- Prof. Maydianne Andrade’s The New Normal Podcast Anti-Black Racism: Part 1
- Prof. Maydianne Andrade’s The New Normal Podcast Anti-Black Racism: Part 2
- Race Equity and Action Speaker Series
- Resources for Trans People at U of T
- Restore @ U of T
Policies & reports
- Code of Student Conduct [PDF format]
- Equity & Diversity in Research & Innovation Working Group Report
- Final Report of the Steering Committee for the U of T Response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada [PDF format]
- Indigenous Initiatives Annual 2019 Progress Report [PDF format]
- Policy on Sexual Violence and Harassment [PDF format]
- President’s Statement on Anti-Semitism and Racism
- Statement Concerning Changes of Student Personal Information in Official Academic Records [PDF format]
- Statement of Commitment Regarding Persons with Disabilities [PDF format]
- U of T Equity, Diversity, and Excellence Statement
- U of T’s response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s Calls to Action [PDF format]
- U of T’s Statement of Equity, Diversity, and Excellence
- U of T’s Statement of Solidarity
Contribute to this page
Help enhance the Equity@SGS page! Share your club, initiative, resource, or support below.