SGS announces new Connaught PhDs for Public Impact Fellowship Program
The School of Graduate Studies has just launched the Connaught PhDs for Public Impact Fellowship Program as part of the core offerings of the Centre for Graduate Professional Development. This program aims to support graduate students as they work across academic disciplines, institutions, organizations, and communities to further research, scholarship, and creative practice for the public good.
Fellows from PhDs for Public Impact will focus on engaging the public through a scholarly agenda. This could involve a range of stimulating activities, from describing their work in a public forum (e.g., in a tweet, a personal blog post, a podcast interview, or an op-ed) to partnering with a school, community organization, or cultural institution (e.g., museum, theatre, archive) in an ongoing two-way exchange of knowledge and practices.
- Fifteen fellows will be chosen every year.
- Each fellow will be awarded $12,500 for the year: a $10,000 fellowship to be used as a top up to their stipend and $2,500 towards research expenses, including professional development.
- Applicants must be doctoral students in a research-stream program at the University of Toronto and must be registered with good academic standing in their programs for the duration of the fellowship.
- Fellows will take part in a robust program that will include developmental workshops, mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and an annual showcase of their work.
The deadline for application is April 1, 2022. The program will begin on September 1, 2022. SGS will be offering two virtual information sessions for interested students on the following dates:
- Thursday, February 24, from 12 noon to 1 pm
- Wednesday, March 2, from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Please register in advance so we can send you the Zoom links closer to the date. We hope to see you there!
For more information on the application process and the required materials, please visit the Centre for Graduate Professional Development website.
Back to Home