Mexico Scholarship: CONACYT
- Award Category: Admission Awards, Doctoral Awards, International Awards
- Application Dates : Summer
- Level of Study : Doctoral, Research Master’s
- Required Legal Status : International
The National Council for Science and Technology/The Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia (CONACYT) is an organization funded by the Mexican government that has been encouraging the development of professionals of the highest quality for more than 30 years.
The University of Toronto and the Government of the United Mexican States’ National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT) have renewed their partnership by signing an agreement to support up to 150 scholarships over the period of the 5-year agreement (starting Fall 2018) for Mexican students to pursue doctoral stream education at the University of Toronto.
Mexican state governments and other national government agencies (e.g. Ministry of Energy, FUNED) offer other forms of scholarship assistance to Mexican nationals in partnership with CONACYT, including those for pursuing research and professional programs, and postdoctoral studies at overseas universities. Faculty members interested in admitting students applying to CONACYT scholarships are encouraged to connect with SGS.
In order to qualify for a CONACYT Scholarship, applicants must:
- be Mexican citizens with an up-to-date firma Certificate from a “Servicio de Administración Tributaria (SAT)” office;
- have received an official offer of admission to or be registered in a full-time research stream* master’s or doctoral program at the University of Toronto;
- have a master’s degree if pursuing a doctoral degree, or have a bachelor’s degree if pursuing a master’s or direct entry doctoral degree; and
- complete the CONACYT online application.
*While CONACYT scholarships may be held in any CONACYT funded program, only those eligible under the UofT-CONACYT agreement will provide the fee differential between the international and domestic tuition. This includes most research-stream master’s and doctoral programs, which provide graduate funding. In all cases, applicants must receive written confirmation from their proposed graduate program at UofT to verify that it is an eligible program under the UofT-CONACYT agreement. Professional and course-based master’s and doctoral programs are not considered to be eligible programs under the agreement.
Please note: U of T has an independent agreement with CONACYT and therefore does not operate under the CALDO-CONACYT agreement.
CONACYT publishes information about open calls for scholarship applications on the CONACYT website. Additionally, CONACYT has published an informational video on applying for scholarships.
Please visit the CONACYT website for further instruction on the application process.
Contacts & Resources
Mexico City and metropolitan area: 5322 7708
Interior of the Republic: 01 800 800 8649
From abroad: (52) 55 5322 7708
University of Toronto
Graduate Awards Office
School of Graduate Studies