CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards
- Award Category: Completion Awards, Doctoral Awards
- Application Dates : Summer
- Value & Duration : Two CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards, each consisting of an honorarium of $2,000 and a certificate of citation, will be presented at the annual meeting of the Council of Graduate Schools. Reasonable travel expenses of the recipients will also be paid.
- Level of Study : Doctoral
- Required Legal Status : Domestic / International
The CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards recognize Canadian doctoral dissertations that represent original work, making an unusually significant contribution to their disciplines. Two awards are given annually in rotating fields of study. Both methodological and substantive quality of the dissertation will be judged.
Two awards are given annually in two different broad areas (mathematics, physical sciences and engineering; and social sciences; and the biological sciences; and humanities and fine arts).
The 2022 fields of competition are:
- Mathematics, Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Social Sciences
Graduate nominations for this competition occur in the Summer session.
Contacts & Resources
For further details and/or if you have questions about this award competition, please visit the CGS website or contact:
Acting Graduate Awards Officer
School of Graduate Studies