Doctoral Completion Award (DCA)
- Award Category: Completion Awards, Doctoral Awards, In-Course Awards, International Awards
- Student Deadline : Date set by graduate unit
- Application Dates : Fall/Winter/Summer
- Value & Duration : Determined by the graduate unit; it may not be the same for every award holder.
- Level of Study : Doctoral
- Required Legal Status : Domestic / International
The aim of the DCA is to support full-time PhD and SJD students who are beyond the funded cohort but within the time limit for the degree.
Students who have experienced a delay in their program due to unfortunate personal circumstances should refer to the SGS Emergency Grant program.
Changes were made to the DCA in the 2012-2013 academic year. The award is now administered by individual graduate units. Please be sure to check with your home unit about applying.
In addition to graduate unit criteria, applicants for the DCA must be:
- beyond the funded cohort as established by graduate unit practice
- within time limit for the degree
- in good academic standing as defined by the graduate unit
- a full-time PhD or SJD student (DMA, EdD, and flexible-time PhD students are ineligible).
The award is administered by individual graduate units. Please contact your graduate unit for all application procedures and details.
Contacts & Resources
Please contact your graduate unit for all application procedures and details.