University-Wide Award: Iranian Student Memorial Scholarship
- Award Category: Admission Awards, Doctoral Awards, Financial Assistance, In-Course Awards, International Awards, Master's Awards
- Student Deadline : Date set by graduate unit
- Application Dates : Winter
- Value & Duration : One award up to $1300
- Level of Study : Doctoral, Master’s
- Required Legal Status : Domestic / International
The University of Toronto has established the Iranian Student Memorial Scholarship Fund in honour of those who lost their lives in the crash of Ukrainian International Airlines Flight PS752, including eight members of the University of Toronto community. This endowed fund will provide needs-based awards to international undergraduate and graduate students from Iran who have been admitted to the U of T or students from any background studying Iranian studies at the U of T. The first of these needs-based awards to be awarded in Spring 2020 for students studying at the U of T in the 2020-21 academic year.
Applicants, as of the application deadline must:
- Be registered, or have accepted an offer of admission as a full-time student in a master’s or doctoral program at the University of Toronto for the 2020-21 academic year who is:
- an international graduate student with Iranian citizenship; or
- pursuing Iranian studies at the graduate level (from any background);
- Demonstrate financial need through the application process; priority will be given to applicants not receiving other major sources of graduate funding or support.
The Iranian Student Memorial Scholarship is one of the endowed awards within the SGS University-Wide Awards competition. Review the full Application Process on the University Wide Awards web page.
Each applicant must ensure that a complete application package (including their referee’s letter) is provided to their graduate unit by the unit’s specified deadline.
A completed application will include all of the following items (no other supporting documentation will be accepted):
- Completed and signed University-Wide Awards application form;
- Statement of Intent describing why the applicant should be considered for the scholarship, their academic objectives, and how financial assistance through this scholarship would support their long-range goals;
- Curriculum vitae
- Completed SGS Financial Need Assessment Form;
- One letter of reference completed by an individual who knows the candidate in an academic or a non-academic capacity (one page maximum); letter must clearly state the referee’s name and contact information; and
- Copy of University of Toronto Offer of Admission letter, if not currently registered in a U of T program.
Contacts & Resources
Please direct questions regarding this competition to:
Graduate Awards Office
School of Graduate Studies