SGS Bursaries for Junior Fellows at Massey College
- Award Category: Admission Awards, Doctoral Awards, Financial Assistance, In-Course Awards, Indigenous Awards, International Awards, Master's Awards
- Student Deadline : Date set by Massey College
- Application Dates : Winter
- Value & Duration : Coverage of the Massey College Junior Fellowship fees (up to $16,000 for Resident and $1,200 for Non-Resident) each year
- Level of Study : Doctoral, Master’s
- Required Legal Status : Domestic / International
- Results : Mid-to-late June.
Required Legal Status
Domestic or International
The School of Graduate Studies is pleased to provide funding for bursaries, developed in collaboration with Massey College, which is a graduate students’ residential community affiliated with, but independent from, the University of Toronto. Designed for Black Canadian, Indigenous, and International grad students, these bursaries create opportunities that can provide academic and personal enrichment for high-achieving graduate students who would not be able to afford the fees associated with Junior Fellowship.
In joining Massey College, recipients will be welcomed into a community of scholars and professionals from across Canada and around the world.
For more information about Junior Fellowships at Massey College, go to: https://www.masseycollege.ca/our-community/junior-fellows/
Applicants must go through the regular selection process for Junior Fellowship at Massey College. All those selected, with a demonstrated financial need or related challenges, will be considered for full coverage of the Massey College Junior Fellowship fees.
All applications, including the reference letters, must be submitted electronically in the requested format (.pdf).
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION NEEDED TO APPLY
Please ensure you sure have all of the requisite documentation available in digital format prior to beginning the application process. Please note we only accept documents in .pdf form. Once you have compiled the required documentation, please fill out the 2020 Junior Fellow Application Form (posted on Massey College’s Junior Fellows webpage) and upload the following documents:
- A cover letter (maximum 500 words) indicating why you wish to be a member of Massey College;
- A curriculum vitae, including details of education, scholarships, honours achieved, and an account of other interests and activities;
- A brief outline (maximum 250 words) of proposed graduate work or interests within your selected discipline;
- Evidence of admission to the University of Toronto (if you have not yet received an offer of admission from the University of Toronto, please indicate this in a separate letter with an expected response date);
- A scanned copy of official academic transcripts or ACORN screenshot (if admitted, the Selection Committee may request the original versions of the scanned documents);
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers for two (2) referees (former/current Professors or Community Leaders, Employers or Supervisors whom you have worked with in the past 5 years). Upon submission of your application, your referees will receive an email from Massey College inviting them to complete a reference form.
Contacts & Resources
To learn more about these bursaries, please contact:
Director, Student Life