SGS Bursaries for Junior Fellows at Massey College
- Award Category: Admission Awards, Doctoral Awards, Financial Assistance, In-Course Awards, Indigenous Awards, International Awards, Master's Awards
- Student Deadline : Date set by Massey College
- Application Dates : Winter
- Value & Duration : Coverage of the Massey College Junior Fellowship fees (up to $16,000 for Resident and $1,200 for Non-Resident) each year
- Level of Study : Doctoral, Master’s
- Required Legal Status : Domestic / International
- Results : Mid-to-late June.
Required Legal Status
Domestic or International
The School of Graduate Studies is pleased to provide funding for bursaries, developed in collaboration with Massey College, which is a graduate students’ residential community affiliated with, but independent from, the University of Toronto. Designed for Black Canadian, Indigenous, and International grad students, these bursaries create opportunities that can provide academic and personal enrichment for high-achieving graduate students who would not be able to afford the fees associated with Junior Fellowship.
In joining Massey College, recipients will be welcomed into a community of scholars and professionals from across Canada and around the world.
For more information about Junior Fellowships at Massey College, go to: https://www.masseycollege.ca/people/junior-fellows/
Applicants must go through the regular selection process for Junior Fellowship at Massey College. All those selected, with a demonstrated financial need or related challenges, will be considered for full coverage of the Massey College Junior Fellowship fees.
Please note that all applications, as well as reference letters, should be submitted electronically in the requested format. We are no longer accepting in-person or snail-mail applications.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION NEEDED TO APPLY
Please make sure to have all the requisite documentation available in digital format prior to beginning the application process. Please note we only accept documents in .pdf form. Once you have compiled the required documentation, please fill out the 2020 Junior Fellow Application Form and upload the following documents:
- A cover letter between 450 and 500 words, indicating why you wish to be a member of Massey College;
- A curriculum vitae, including details of education, scholarships, and honours achieved, and an account of other interests and activities;
- A brief outline (no more than 250 words), of proposed graduate work or interests within your selected discipline;
- Evidence of admission to the University of Toronto (if you have not yet received an offer of admission from the University of Toronto, please indicate this in a separate letter with an expected response date);
- A scanned copy of official academic transcripts or ACORN screenshot (if admitted, the Selection Committee may request the original versions of the scanned documents.)
- Two letters of reference from former/current Professors or Community Leaders, Employers or Supervisors whom you have worked with in the past 5 years. These letters should be sent directly to the Admissions Committee through a link provided at the end of submitting your application. Please make sure you have each piece of supporting documentation digitized and accurate (in .pdf format), before attempting to upload.
Contacts & Resources
To learn more about these bursaries, please contact:
Dean, Fellowships, Programs & Liaisons