SGS Summer Gym Bursary
- Award Category: Doctoral Awards, Financial Assistance, International Awards, Master's Awards, Prof. Master's Awards
- Student Deadline : August 31, 2021
- Application Dates : Application opens early June
- Value & Duration : Up to 100% reimbursement towards summer gym membership or program fees
- Level of Study : Doctoral, Master’s, Professional Master’s
- Required Legal Status : Domestic / International
With an aim to foster holistic health and wellness of graduate students, the SGS Summer Gym Bursary offers students a reimbursement for up to 100% of their campus summer athletic membership or program fees. The SGS Summer Gym Bursary is open to registered professional and research stream graduate students. Participating facilities include Hart House Fitness Centre and Kinesiology & Physical Education (KPE) athletic facilities.
With the SGS Summer Gym Bursary, students will receive a maximum reimbursement of $100 to apply towards the cost of their purchase to access either in-person or on-line programs through a campus athletic facility.
UTM or UTSC graduate students interested in accessing summer athletic programs and services are asked to inquire locally about possible bursaries. UTM students may contact firstname.lastname@example.org and UTSC students are asked to visit the University of Toronto’s Graduate Education website for information and direct questions to email@example.com.
- Be a graduate student in a master’s or doctoral program (professional or research-stream);
- Registered full-time for the summer 2021 session;
- Have purchased a summer gym membership or program from one of two participating locations the Hart House Fitness Centre and Kinesiology & Physical Education (KPE) athletic facilities; and
- Have valid proof of purchase that displays name and/or student number.
Eligible students may receive the SGS Summer Gym Bursary once per summer session.
Registered students can access the online SGS Summer Gym Bursary Application available on the SGS Portal starting early June through to August 31, 2021.
- Students must be registered at the time of application;
- One application is permitted per applicant for summer membership or program fees incurred at one facility;
- The application cannot be modified after submission; and
- Proof of payment must be uploaded as a PDF, JPEG, or JPG file.
Payment to students will be processed on a monthly basis. All applicants will receive an email notification via their official U of T email address regarding the status of their application and any relevant details regarding payment. To ensure that there is no delay in receiving your bursary make sure that you have direct deposit set up on your ACORN account.
Contacts & Resources
St. George Campus (STG): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mississauga Campus (UTM): email@example.com
Scarborough Campus (UTSC): firstname.lastname@example.org