SGS Summer Gym Bursary
- Award Category: Doctoral Awards, Financial Assistance, International Awards, Master's Awards, Prof. Master's Awards
- Student Deadline : Date set by SGS
- Application Dates : Summer
- Value & Duration : Up to $110.69 reimbursement towards summer gym membership fees
- Level of Study : Doctoral, Master’s, Professional Master’s
- Required Legal Status : Domestic / International
The SGS Summer Gym Bursary is part of a three-year pilot program started in 2017 to promote graduate student wellness and facilitate the balance between work and play by offering students a reimbursement for up to 100% of their on campus gym membership costs. The SGS Summer Gym Bursary, now in its final year is open to professional and research stream graduate students. Participating facilities include Hart House Fitness Centre and Kinesiology & Physical Education (KPE) athletic facilities.
With the SGS Summer Gym Bursary, students will receive a maximum reimbursement of $110.69 which will be applied to summer membership fees incurred at a St. George campus athletic facility. In other words, students will be fully reimbursed for a May-August gym membership at Hart House. At KPE, they will receive up to $110.69 for their full or partial summer membership (i.e., 4 months, 2 months, or 1 month).
Graduate students interested in getting coverage for UTSC or UTM summer athletic fees are asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org (UTSC) or email@example.com (UTM) for details about local programs.
NEW: The SGS Summer Gym Bursary is available to graduate students in professional & research stream programs.
- Be a graduate student in a master’s or doctoral program (professional or research-stream);
- Registered full-time for the summer 2019 session;
- Have purchased a full or partial summer 2019 gym membership from one of two participating locations; the Hart House Fitness Centre and Kinesiology & Physical Education (KPE) athletic facilities; and
- Have valid proof of purchase that displays name and/or student number.
Eligible students may receive the SGS Summer Gym Bursary once per summer session.
Registered students can access the online SGS Summer Gym Bursary Application available on the SGS Portal starting mid-May through to August 30, 2019.
- Students must be registered at the time of application;
- One application is permitted per applicant for summer membership fees incurred at one facility;
- The application cannot be modified after submission; and
- Proof of payment must be uploaded as a PDF, JPEG, or PNG file.