Pathways and supports available to graduate students impacted by the protests in Iran
As a current university graduate student, there are three pathways for you to study at the University of Toronto.
- Transfer to complete your graduate degree at U of T
- Your transfer application will be assessed for admission based on your academic records, and English Language Requirement (if applicable). Review our list of programs and link back to the graduate unit offering your program of choice for admission requirements. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a referral to the appropriate administrator for your program of choice.
- Apply for the International Visiting Graduate Students (IVGS) program
- Apply for an exchange program and return to your home university to finish your degree
- If you are a Iranian graduate student currently enrolled at one of our partner Universities and are looking to complete courses at U of T, inquire about the U of T Inbound Exchange.
Our tuition fees, scholarships, and financial aid programs are based on a student’s program of study and legal status in Canada when they begin their studies. Currently, the university has made a commitment to support Iranian students pursuing University of Toronto degrees through the School of Graduate Studies’ Scholars at Risk Fellowship. The application for the 2023-2024 SGS SAR Fellowship program will be available in Spring 2023.
The U of T Scholars and Students at Risk Award Program (SSAR) is open to registered undergraduate and graduate students. Applications from eligible students will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please also use our award explorer tool to identify additional funding opportunities and the SGS website to learn more about financing your graduate education. The U of T Student Accounts website offers information on tuition and fees, please refer to the University of Toronto’s 2022-2023 Fall-Winter Session Fess for The School of Graduate Studies.
If you expect to complete your undergraduate program in the near future and are considering graduate school, review our list of programs and contact the graduate unit offering your program of choice for admission requirements. Contact email@example.com for a referral to the appropriate administrator for your program of choice.
Apply for an exchange program and return to your home university to finish your undergraduate degree. If you are a Iranian undergraduate student currently enrolled at one of our partner Universities and are looking to complete courses at U of T, inquire about the U of T Inbound Exchange.
- Individuals also might seek a research trainee placement with a faculty member, with support from research grants. Frontline staff should refer them to the graduate unit/s that best fit their research area of interest.
- Those within five years of a doctorate have the option of seeking a postdoctoral fellowship. Again, this depends on having a faculty member with research funding willing to support such an appointment. Such individuals should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.