As a student, it is important to be aware of your eligibility and responsibilities around tax credits, deductions, and benefits.

Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)

The Government of Canada, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) provides income tax information specifically for students:

Student Accounts and Student Life

Student Accounts provides information regarding taxes, including the T2202 (Tuition and Enrolment Certificate):

Student Life provides information regarding student housing and taxes:

Tax Information for International Students

If you have moved to Canada to study, tax requirements may differ from home. The Centre for International Experience (CIE) and the University Registrar’s Office provides information regarding finances, including income tax for international students. These resources offer a guide for taxes, and include information sessions, tips, and FAQs:

University of Toronto Students’ Union (UTSU)

The University of Toronto Students’ Union (UTSU) offers free tax clinics for students.

Disclaimer: Please note that financial resources are provided for educational purposes only. Any information and resources provided do not substitute for professional advice.